Creative Genius

Karl V. Teeter kvt at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Thu Nov 11 17:14:56 UTC 1999

Jill, your speculation is very interesting,but is not helped by the
etymologies of grammar and glamour, I think.  These words are simple
variants of each other, and stem from the perception of learning in the
middle ages: grammar was one of the seven lively arts and as such was
glamorous.
Some linguists still find it so, and I don't think this is a gender-related
matter.