language attitudes query

s.t. bischoff bischoff.st at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 18:34:52 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I'd like to collect data on the role that English plays in student
decisions to attend universities where the primary language of instruction,
and the community, is not English, but where English plays an important
role (e.g. some courses may be taught in English, English textbooks may be
used, or the university promotes itself as offering degrees in English
along with the community language).  I have looked at a number of different
"language attitude" surveys for ideas, but was curious if anyone has done
or seen research of this particular nature.

Thanks,
Shannon