implementation

Miriam Meyerhoff mm167 at CORNELL.EDU
Thu Feb 25 23:31:12 UTC 1999

Good. Now I feel like I know where I am.
	The initial statement of purpose is a good place to start. *I agree
with both the tenor and details of Mary's proposal.*
	This discussion (on what happens after the first six months) is
short, and then we get on to the nitty-gritty of what an executive cmte
might be doing (facilitating bringing people together physically,
virtually, whatever; getting information out electronically, pop culture,
journal, whatever; etc. and so forth).

miriam

>1. When the discussion ends in six months, we call for nominations for a
>temporary executive committee with a one-year term of office
>2. We hold an online election.
>3. The committee takes the principles that emerged during the discussion
>and drafts by-laws for the organization, sets up an institutional structure
>(non-profit status and the like), and otherwise gets things rolling.
>4. As its last duty, the committee organizes an executive committee or
>whatever form of officers we (the list) decide we want.
>
>This is more or less what we proposed in the initial statement of purpose
>for the list, but before we commit to it we need to know if there are any
>objections to it. Comments?
>
>Mary

Miriam Meyerhoff
Asst Professor