vote on BWLG/GALA connection

Chris Beckwith beckwith at INDIANA.EDU
Sat Jul 3 01:39:15 UTC 1999

I don't know what other people are thinking, but I feel like I've been
left out, somehow, by the rather precipitous way GALA is moving toward
taking over BWLG.  Since it isn't a business we're talking about, I'm not
sure what benefit there would be in taking over an older group.  I still
think an open invitation to BWLG to join GALA would be more fair to the
people who have been involved in the formative discussions about GALA from
the beginning.  Couldn't this be added to the possibilities on the ballot?
Sorry to sound a discordant note here, but so far it has been so nice to
feel included in the discussion and organizing of GALA. :-(  *sigh*

Chris