inquiry about flirtatious language

Amy L Sheldon asheldon at TC.UMN.EDU
Thu Feb 5 20:10:00 UTC 2004

Re the WSJ:
Flirting must be as old as the hills as a strategy for getting ahead in a
system, or getting things done.

what's the dividing line between flirting and 'charming the pants off"
someone?
Former has a sexual intention one is ready to follow thru on?
latter doesn't have that intention?

I've noticed students sometimes turn on the 'charm" when they want
something, but it's not a flirt.

For the list, re flirting:  Bill Leap has a piece on receiving and sending
gardar in his authored book of a few years ago.

Amy