inquiry about flirtatious language

Rodrigo Borba borba.rodrigo at TERRA.COM.BR
Fri Feb 6 00:46:34 UTC 2004

I think Language and Sexuality by Kulick and Cameron (Cambridge, 2003) might
be helpful. See also Gender and Discourse by Deborah Tannen, there is a nice
article about the different stratagies used by men and women while flirting.

I hope the books might be helpfull

Rodrigo
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mary Bucholtz" <bucholtz at LINGUISTICS.UCSB.EDU>
To: <GALA-L at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG>
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 3:39 PM
Subject: inquiry about flirtatious language

Does anyone have suggestions for this student? Please email me directly and
I'll pass on the information to her.

Thanks very much,

Mary

I am a student from Germany who studies Anglistics. Within a linguistic
course I want to go deeper into the field of language and flirtation. Is
there any material about how males tease (in a friendly way) women in order
to flirt with them (they enjoy the teasing and complain but insinuating that
they should go on). I want to analyse an (informal) mixed-gender
conversation. A theoretical background would be a great support for me.
Thank you very much for your efforts!!!

kind regards

Sönke Bussenius

Mary Bucholtz
Department of Linguistics
3607 South Hall
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-3100
phone: (805) 893-5415
fax: (805) 893-7769
http://www.linguistics.ucsb.edu/faculty/bucholtz/

Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo E-mail Protegido Terra.
Scan engine: VirusScan / Atualizado em 29/01/2004 / Versão: 1.4.1
Proteja o seu e-mail Terra: http://www.emailprotegido.terra.com.br/

---