IGALA Book Prize

Laurel Kamada laurelkamada at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Jul 18 02:56:06 UTC 2009

Dear IGALA list members,

I would like to second Sara Mills' call for IGALA Book Prize nominees. I am pasting here the letter that I have been sending around to various publishers with special requests. Please use the information in this letter to help you write your own personal letter to encourage your publisher of the importance of this opportunity. Please note that there is a required application fee (to be paid by the publisher) of 35 pounds per book and we are requesting three copies of each book. The address and other information is included below.

Cheers,

Laurel Kamada

Dear Publisher,
The International Gender and Language Association (IGALA) is now accepting applications for the IGALA Book Prize 2010. This is a very big and important event and we would like to offer you the opportunity to submit books which were published on gender and language between 2008 and 2009.

If you have any books that you would like to submit on the topic of Gender and Language, we would be happy to review them for the prize.

We ask that you send three copies of each book to the address below together with a cheque for 35 pounds sterling for each title submitted (made payable to Sheffield Hallam University). This fee will contribute to the prize money and to the administration costs. The book will be reviewed by two judges. Initially we will put together a short-list which carries a prestigious status of its own. From this list we will select the best book which will be awarded the IGALA Book Prize 2010 and you will be able to use the IGALA logo on your book cover for publicity purposes. There will be a presentation at the IGALA conference in Tokyo in September, 2010.

The deadline for submission is October 31st , 2009.

Please send the books and cheque to the following address:
Sara Mills
Science Park Unit 1
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield S1  1WB,  UK