Asking for Professional Assistance

Hardman,Martha J hardman at UFL.EDU
Thu Jun 12 20:31:10 UTC 2014

You might also contact OSCLG [http://osclg.org/].  We are an
interdisciplinary group and several of us are linguists. A lot of my
work has dealt with the topic you mention.

If you are not familiar with my work you might look at my website
(noted below), at our most recent publication (an ebook) [
http://bookstore.iuniverse.com/Products/SKU-000639721/Making-the-Invisible-Visible.aspx
] (there are sections that deal in depth with this topic and there are
supplementary readings dedicated to it -- all available by link).  This
would be a good place to start; the read is easy and the links are
readily accessible.  Several of my articles are part of the links.

If you read Spanish, then I also suggest the articles on
http://txupi.wordpress.com under Estudios Académicos/científicos ...
-- a lot deal with the topic.

There is a great deal in the grammatical lessons (exercise
presentations) of http://aymara.ufl.edu because the topic comes up in
almost every dialogue.  Also in the cultural comments.

I am an anthropological linguist, so this fell within my purview when I
first ran into it more than half a century ago.  It has received little
acceptance, until fairly recently, within the discipline.  Nevertheless,
it is there.  If, after becoming familiar with my work and including
what you learn into your proposal as appropriate, you would like me to
look at your proposal, I would be willing to do so.

May your work be successful and satisfying, and my it be that you open
the field to hearing of such diversity.

Dr. MJ Hardman
Professor Emeritus
Linguistics, Anthropology and Latin American Studies
University of Florida
Doctora Honoris Causa UNMSM, Lima, Perú
website:  http://clas.ufl.edu/users/hardman/