[gothic-l] Gothic names for Germanic mythical places

Le Bateman LeBateman at NETZERO.NET
Sun Aug 20 04:48:05 UTC 2000

 Nastrand is the Norse name for Shore of Corpses AS is Neostrand, Neofelham
is NifleHeim, Asgardhr, Esagearden, Midgardhr, Middengearden Jotenheim,
Eotenham, Alfheim, Aelfham, can anyone tell me what the Gothic names would
have been. AS Eormersyll for Yggsdrasill. The Saxon word was Irmrsulle. I do
assume that the Goths had the same beliefs as other Germanic peoples. The
underworld had nine worlds, one vemon from snakes dripped on the wicked dead
that might have been in Neostrand. What would the Gothic word for the Aesir
be.
Eses is the plural AS for God.
Thancword
Le