[gothic-l] Baduila - Totila and Teja Question

dirk at SMRA.CO.UK dirk at SMRA.CO.UK
Wed Nov 1 10:06:15 UTC 2000

This has probably already been discussed, but could somebody tell me
what the meaning of the two names of Baduila/Totila are. (I have 2
coins (decanummi of Rome and Pavia) which give his name as BADUILA and
BADUELA), as official documents do. I belief that Baduila means
warrier, but what does Totila mean and why does he have two names.
Similarly, what is the meaning of the name Teja or Tejas. On his coins
 his name is spelled THEIE and others!

Thanks

eGroups eLerts