SV: [gothic-l] Your opinions on this site...

keth at ONLINE.NO keth at ONLINE.NO
Tue Oct 3 20:49:38 UTC 2000

Matþaius wrote:

>disclaimer:
>
>Recent discoveries on my own part of Gothic vocabulary which I had not known
>to exist before now make my translation somewhat too synthetic. Most usages
>are directly or by secondary or tertiary means compared to their analogous
>usages in the codex ambrosianus. the unbound bible page on the biola website
>allows for multiple comparison among various english, greek, latin, and
>other texts (including cod. ambr A & B!). i will attempt to update the
>translation according to my new knowledge as soon as possible in order to
>eliminate any neologism thus unnecessary. it is now come to my attention
>that other earlier gothicists may have made translations in part of certain
>verses or sections which i thought should not be overlooked in any case.
>
>-Matþaius

Ambrosianus A and B, those are indeed the ones I found!
Are those "parts of" the Wulfila text - or are they independent sources?
If there are overlaps, in what ways do they differ?

I'll do some more reading now. But why don't you submit your version
to the biola website? (it could be grouped with the "modern" translations)

Keth

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
1. Fill in the brief application
2. Get rates as low as 2.99% Intro APR with NO annual fee!