[gothic-l] Re: Goths getting to remote places

Brian Gendler gendler at ICDC.COM
Thu Sep 14 23:34:45 UTC 2000

Need a credit card?
Instant Approval and 0% intro APR with Aria!

Manuel Gutierrez Algaba wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Brian Beck wrote:
> > > That's true, very true. But, it's clear that Aryans invaded India,
> > > and they were not Celts, nor Romans, nor Slavic people, ... the
> > > bet leans to Goths or a very, very related people.
> > >
> > Are you seriously suggesting that the Aryans who are supposed to have
> > invaded India were in fact Goths???  The Aryan invasions of India are
> > usually dated around 1600BC and some modern scholars even suggest an
> > earlier date of around 3000BC.

I received this message just after sending my similar query.

> Ok, let's try to be a bit logical. Several waves of Aryans
> invaded Europe: 1400-1100BC Celts and Italics (subranch),
> 1200-1000BC Greeks, 1000BC-700BC First Germanic Waves,
> 700BC-1BC more germanic , 1AC-300AC Goths and related
> 400AC-600AC Huns, 400AC-2000AC Slavic. 1950-1990AC (Deutsch
> in Mallorca, English in Torremolinos and Swedes in Valencia).
>
> Ok, this is the west side of migrations, but there IS a south
> side of migrations, so India suffered 4 or 5 different
> waves, and the last one ways were done by Goths. Who says that ?
> Gandasa, which I mentioned earlier, Scytians in general.

No, the last one was the British and the Dutch East India Trading
Company stuff. Now, did Gandasa actually say "Goths" or did he say
"Scytians?" To say that the Scythians invaded India is not the same
thing as saying that the Goths did.

> > for weeks for some research and I'll have the Goths in China, America
>
> America, 1600AC
>
> > and possibly even Australia.
>
> Well, Anglo-saxon reached Australia in 1800AC,
>  or is it not a migration/conquest ?

Yes, it was a migration/conquest, but I believe that the Goths and the
Anglo-Saxons, while both Germanic, are not the same people.

    Gendler.