[gothic-l] Coinage

Manuel Gutierrez Algaba irmina at CTV.ES
Sun Sep 24 12:34:00 UTC 2000

Install today:

On Sat, 23 Sep 2000, Le Bateman wrote:
>  One thing I have not see a discussion on is the use of coinages among the
> Goths, and what imagery they used on their coins. What work would I check on
> in print about this subject. Did they use the Roman coins, or did they copy
> these with images of their chiefs or gods.

In my city, Seville, there's a fairly good archeologic museum. And
for sure, I've seen gothic stuff, including coins. I don't remember it
very well, but I think they used to include the names of their kings
in the Latin form: Chindasvintvs.

Regards/Saludos
Manolo
www.ctv.es/USERS/irmina    /TeEncontreX.html   /texpython.htm
/pyttex.htm /cruo/cruolinux.htm ICQ:77697936 (sirve el ICQ para algo?)

  serendipity, n.: The process by which human knowledge is advanced.