[gothic-l] Re: Hungarian tale of haliorunnae?

dirk at SMRA.CO.UK dirk at SMRA.CO.UK
Wed Aug 8 09:06:31 UTC 2001

--- In gothic-l at y..., "Tim O'Neill" <scatha at b...> wrote:
> I'd be slightly sceptical about this one Dirk.
> While the folktale, or aspects of it, may be
> genuine, 'Z Budapest' is not a very reliable
> source.  She is (I'm assuming she's still
> around) a feminist wiccan based in L.A. and,
> like many in the New Age movement, has a
> tendency to pick bits and pieces of legends
> and traditions and put them together in
> interesting though often completely unlikely
> combinations.
>
> She claims to be one of a long line of peasant
> healers/witches from Hungary, but she also
> claims this tradition has its origins in Sumer.
> Go figure.  I'd verify it from some other more
> reliable source if I were you.
> Cheers,
>
> Tim O'Neill

Hi Tim and Fransics,

I found that 'folk-tale' too good to be true myself and your knowledge
of the 'source' shows beyond doubt that it can be discarded as
indication for a Gothic influence or link.

thanks

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/vO1FAB/txzCAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM