[gothic-l] Lukman

Bertil Häggman mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Mon Jan 15 20:11:00 UTC 2001

Frank,

Many have doubts concerning Lukman.
Is there an English edition? Have only seen
an edition in German language. Lukman
developed the theory that the Skjoldungar-
Skilfingar cycle, known from Beowulf, Saxo
and some later Icelandic sagas, was originally
brought to Gautland/Goetaland by the Erules.

There is also the theory that the famous poem
on the "Battle of the Goths and the Huns" was created
on the basis of Gautish material transmitted by the
Erules.

Gothically

Bertil