[gothic-l] Re: Illerup objects with runes. to Tore

Tore Gannholm tore.gannholm at SWIPNET.SE
Thu Jul 19 23:20:02 UTC 2001

Hello Dirk,
I don't know what evidence Wolfram has for 1490 BC. Jordanes does not
mention any year.
>From an archaeological point of view there is an emigration from Gotland
4th and 3rd century BC. At the same time there are gravefields in the
Vistula area beginning at that time presumably Gothic.
Tore