[gothic-l] Greetings -new member question-

midnightmetal MidnightMetal at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 23 01:07:27 UTC 2001

Hello,
I am German in ancestry (but totally American in reality), and have been
trying to not only trace back my family line to what part of Germany, ect.,
but also trying to learn more about the Old Germanic tribes and their
religious Mythos. Trying to find books on the topic has proven frustrating
because they are always being lumped in with the Celtic and Norse. And I do
not trust the Wiccan books on the topic, as many are taken from shaky
sources. I'm looking for specifically Eastern Germanic Lore and physical
facts, the earlier the better. Any books in print on the topic (that doesn't
cost a hundred dollars) or webpages would be profusely thanked. Other than
that I think I will lurk awhile to get the feel of the list more. I am
interested in the language and writing (Im studying the furthark runes and
just learning of Ogam), but most of it is Greek to me right now.
If I am WAY off base for this list, please tell me. I know what its like to
have someone post something to a list that is off-topic. I do NOT want to be
one of those people.
Bites,
~Mia

Columnist for "Goth in the Sticks" http://www.gothicpreservation.com/
PoetMistress "Shadow'sWalk" http://trax.to/shadowswalk
"Mia's Dream Journal" http://www.xanga.com/mia

"The valley spirit never dies;
It is the woman, primal mother.
Her gateway is the root of heaven and Earth.
It it like a veil barely seen.
Use it; it will never fail.
~Tao Te Ching; Feng

Small business owners...