[gothic-l] "Odin in Azov"

Bertil Häggman mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Wed Jun 6 16:10:29 UTC 2001

Anders,

The link you provided was a dead end. I have several
colour reproductions of Ptolemaeus and several modern
reconstructions ana I have not found any Asei (could
be Asia).

On Dr. Heyerdahl's project there are several layers,
I think, first the connection with Azerbaijan and the
Academy of Sciences in Baku, then the relation
with the Academy of Sciences in Georgia and finally
Rostov University. The Ynglinga Saga is a basic
text and there are a number of medieval manuscripts.
You can all find it in my contributions from the 5th of June.
The background, the sources and the basic text in
the Ynglingasaga. The project is based on twenty years
of study on and off. Swedish cartographer Per Lilliestrom
worked with Dr. Heyerdahl on his latest book. Maybe
Lilliestrom is involved also in the "Odin in Azov" project.

Gothically

Bertil