[gothic-l] Re: Snorri and skaldskaparmal

keth at ONLINE.NO keth at ONLINE.NO
Tue Jun 19 09:20:42 UTC 2001

Hi Anders,
You wrote:

>I meant that I don't see any actual goths in Snorris stories,

See the Snorre Edda edition by Johansson and Malm, page 150-152
(Ch. 42), where the story of Jornunrekr and Svanhild is told.
These are Goths.            =the gothic king Ermanarik.

Best regards
Keth

P.S. Also in Johansson & Malm a reference to whose horse it was
that was called "Goti" and that I mentioned earlier, page 148:

"Han [Gunnar] hade en häst som hette Gote"

(Compare with Rök stone, where the horse is referred to as kuta [=guta]
"sitiR nu karuR kuta sinum")