[gothic-l] Re: Are EE Jews half-Goths?

babeck at ALPHALINK.COM.AU babeck at ALPHALINK.COM.AU
Mon May 7 06:05:02 UTC 2001

--- In gothic-l at y..., l_labkovsky at h... wrote:
>> Remember that Sarmats were of Iranian origin and therefore looked
pretty much like Armenians or Georgians, so it's OK. I'm sure that
Ostrogoths disliked their Sarmatian offspring because Mulatoes are
always disliked by their purebred parents

Always??? How can you possibly know that?  For your information, I am
ethnically English and my wife is ethnically Chinese and we both LOVE
our "mulato" children!!  In fact, among all the mixed marriages that
are known personally to me (and I know of quite a few), I know of no
parent that is embarrassed by their offspring.

>> Ostrogoths didn't want the parental responsibility for these mixed-
blood offspring and escaped to Italy.
 These "Mulatoes" were too
embarrassed to admit that they were Ostrogoth "bastards" so they
invented the rumour that they were Jews from Germany
.These offspring
lived separately from Ostrogoths with their Sarmat or Caucasian
mothers and were called mamzer from the word "mame"(mother).

 You speak as if this were proven fact.  Can you please quote your
source and their authority for making such statements?  There is
danger in attributing modern attitudes to ancient peoples who lived
at a different time with different values, different morals, and in a
different ethnic and political landscape.

Cheers,

Brian Beck

Clubmom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating Moms! Join today - it's free - and get a free year-long subscription
for Parents magazine - just for being a Mom!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/.sIrMC/YKfCAA/qvCFAA/wpHWlB/TM