[gothic-l] Re: Are EE Jews half-Goths?

Manuel Gutierrez Algaba algaba at GMX.NET
Tue May 8 00:19:36 UTC 2001

On Mon, 7 May 2001 babeck at alphalink.com.au wrote:

> --- In gothic-l at y..., l_labkovsky at h... wrote:
> >> Remember that Sarmats were of Iranian origin and therefore looked
> pretty much like Armenians or Georgians, so it's OK. I'm sure that
> Ostrogoths disliked their Sarmatian offspring because Mulatoes are
> always disliked by their purebred parents

I'm my opinion, there is not purebred anywhere, nor have been
pure bred , never, ever.

If ever existed the mythical "indoeuropean" people, ten minutes
after its creation it was mixing with neighbouring proto-turks,
proto-mongols, proto-caucausian or whatever.

The funny story of this list or language learning is not in
the "purities" but in the random jokes of history and how "mulatoes"
all over the world mix themselves.

Two things are very interesting :
- How different people contributed to create an united language.
Like french, Latin (with its many declensions, probably each one
contributed by one of the surrounding peoples, Osci, Latini, Albae,
...) The very same with Gothic, how it's influenced by surrounding
languages, and how it synthetized many smaller languages, like
Alan, Gepid, ... As I see it, Gothic is probably the common
language of a large number of tribes of related peoples.

- How landscape is affected by "mulatoes" all the time.
Thanks to the guy who posted "Goth Alania==Catalonia", now
my map of Spain is much clearer. Funnily enough, old catalonians
moved westward into Castille, because of Franks. So, modern
castillians are old catalonians and new catalonians are old
castillians. All are castillians , all are catalonians, all
mulatoes, and no one is really anything pure at all.

---
MGA