[gothic-l] Re: Proto-Germanic names of mythological figures

jdm314 at AOL.COM jdm314 at AOL.COM
Mon Oct 1 17:01:51 UTC 2001

First of all: Hello list! I'm back (at least for now).

--- In gothic-l at y..., raolin1 at h... wrote:
> Can anyone help me out?  I'm looking for a source that has listed
> what the proto-Germanic names could/should be for mythological
> characters such as Thor (I believe that's *thunaraz?), Odin and
> others.

This type of ting has come up before on the list... note for instance
one of my first postings here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gothic-l/
message/644   (a lot of the Gothic forms in that are wrong though)
	Other than that posting, I don't think we've ever put all of these
forms together in one posting... have we?

ÏUSTEINUS

> Thanks for the help!
>
> Joshua Dyal

FREE COLLEGE MONEY