[gothic-l] Re: Gothic Christianity and elves

AElfric and Ursula amali at SOFTHOME.NET
Mon Dec 23 17:50:14 UTC 2002

<<But elves, for crying out loud!!!! Surely nobody beyond the age of 4
believes in elves???>>

I don't know whether or not there are any Icelanders on this list whose religion is based on elves.  However, if there are any such people here,  I can assure everyone that the above statement by Dirk would have deeply offended any such Icelanders.

To state the obvious, many Christians do not take Pagans seriously, just as many Pagans do not take Christians seriously, and many Atheists take neither Christians nor Pagans seriously.  Nevertheless, listmembers, regardless of their beliefs, will refrain from making insulting, demeaning derogatory or otherwise offensive comments about the beliefs or practices of ANY religion.  This important element of appropriate list conduct will be strictly upheld.

Albareiks
Moderator, Gothic-L