[gothic-l] Re: Goths, Gauti, Goetaland, Gotland

hrafnsnest mimir at SMITHSYS.NET
Sat Jun 22 16:20:25 UTC 2002

Tore wrote: "I still maintain that the prelude to the Viking age is
the
> immigration of the Heruls to Lake Mälar area and their expansion in
> the Baltic with Gotlandic and Svear colonies in present day Baltic
> states and later on into the Russian river system and to Norway,
> British isles-Island."

Hail Tore!
 I am completely facsinated by the possible (H)erul expansion and
settlement into the areas that you mention, especially Iceland.
Rather than read through the many postings regarding this issue, I
shall ask the following, what are your principal sources, from what
geographical point(s) do you see them eminating from?  And what
information is there to point to the (H)eruls movement to Iceland?

Odhvaknir

Free $5 Love Reading
Risk Free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/3PCXaC/PfREAA/Ey.GAA/wWMplB/TM