[gothic-l] Germania, Germany, the Goths

Bertil Haggman mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Wed Mar 13 16:52:19 UTC 2002

First my apologies to the listowner for making
these remarks off list subject comments.

Isn't there a connection between Germania and
Germany. Some admirers of the Roman empire
and Germany see Karl I (800-814) as the successor
of the last Roman emperor  Flavius Momyllus
Romulus II Augustulus, who was deposed in 467 AD.

Also Germania should maybe be linked to the
Roman discovery of the Germani at some time
during the first half of the first century BC.

But maybe there is some mix up here. The writer
could maybe refer to the creation of the modern
Germany in the 19th century. We don't know.

Bertil Haggman

>Of course they did not come
>from Germany. Germany did not
>even exist at that time.

Access Your PC from Anywhere
Check Email & Transfer files - Free Download
http://us.click.yahoo.com/NxtVhB/3XkDAA/_ZuFAA/wWMplB/TM