[gothic-l] Re:The Great Sacrifice

Ingemar Nordgren <ingemar.nordgren@ebox.tninet.se> ingemar.nordgren at EBOX.TNINET.SE
Thu Feb 27 23:37:22 UTC 2003

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "hrafnsnest <wulfsligrs at c...>"
<wulfsligrs at c...> wrote:
> Hail Ingemar!
>   Just out of curiosity, how do you arrive at 2003 CE?  I don't
> disagree with your position, its just the date 1.18.03 is very
> significant for me.  An event that occured at that time, midnight to
> be exact.
>
> Ves Heil!
> Valulfr

Hej Valulfr!

I follow the table of the sacrificial cycle erected by the
archeoarchaeologist Göran Henriksson of Uppsala university. The
calculations are published in an article in the archaeological
magazine Tor, Uppsala 1995, and is called "Riksbloten in Uppsala". He
has considered Snorris information but corrected for different time
reckoning to get Gregorian time and also modern time. I also explains
it more in detail in my book which I am right now working to translate
into English for publishing at an Italian publishing company as it
looks now. It is a terribly slow work since  I am rephrasing and
correcting information all the time to get it fresh.

By the way, I like your name, and it fits very well with the section I
recently translated dealing with Óðinn and thieves. One name there is
Valþjófr, the stealer of the val. I think it is a magnificent name of
a real fighter. I also here dealt with werewolfs and other shamanistic
fertility-aspects. You have got it all in your name!

(I know some persons object to werewolfs together with fertility but I
do not want to take a long disussion of that now. Simply have no time.
There are in any case even official documents from a Swedish court in
Riga treating a trial of a werewolf in the 18th c.and confirming this
connection)

Best
Ingemar

New Yahoo! Mail Plus. More flexibility. More control. More power.
Get POP access, more storage, more filters, and more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Hcb0iA/P.iFAA/46VHAA/wWMplB/TM