[gothic-l] Re:The Great Sacrifice

brugerfejl <lars.larsen@ring-danes.dk> lars.larsen at RING-DANES.DK
Fri Feb 28 09:55:15 UTC 2003

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "Ingemar Nordgren
<ingemar.nordgren at e...>" <ingemar.nordgren at e...> wrote:
> I know some persons object to werewolfs together with fertility but
>I do not want to take a long disussion of that now. Simply have no
> time.

Hi Ingemar,
Congratulations upon your new broadband connection, now you can speed
up your work  ?
When you talk about werewolfs it made me think of the formular 'lina
laukaR' (linned and onion) that you can see on a bone-knife
from 300 c. from Floeksand, Norway. I think the formular is
considered to be a fertility inscripton, but could it be a protection
formular ? It is well known at least as far back as the medieval
times that garlic was a protection against werewolves. Hmmm, should
perhaps then have been 'lina hvitlaukur'.
I am currently reading your book in swedish - so maybe eventuallly I
would have found something about this ?
Hej
Lars