[gothic-l] Re: Arianism

Ingemar Nordgren ingemar at NORDGREN.SE
Fri Jul 4 03:36:46 UTC 2003

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, Hieromonk Maximos <frmaximos at m...> wrote:
> >--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, Hieromonk Maximos <frmaximos at m...>
Hi Maximos,

Thank you  very much for  your information. It is  good to get
information of a really professional expert on religious matters.

My very best greetings
Ingemar

> True, I think we were perhaps a little less precise then we could
> have been. I should have said, that the filoque was introduced into
> Western usage in Spain at a council held in Toledo.
>
> The Eastern Church has never adopted the filoque and the form we use
> is the" Holy Spirit proceedeth from the Father "( only) the so-called
> " double procession" that is the proposed ontological procession, is
> specifically condemned as heresy by the Eastern Church ( this is
> clearly defined by St.Photios of Constantinople) The later idea of
> the reference to the temporal procession of the Holy Spirit from the
> Son ( as at Pentecost) is of course correct, but this is not what the
> Creed is referring to at that point in the text.
>
> I hope that is clearer, though theology is by its nature always a
bit fuzzy.
> --

Save on Coral Calcium. Get Better Health and
Stronger Bones. Seen on TV
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid-2805&lp=calcium2.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/9gf46B/EfUGAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM