[gothic-l] Re: Literary History - Gotho/Getae/Geats

Ravi Chaudhary ravichaudhary2000 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jul 17 03:10:48 UTC 2003

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "hrafnsnest" <wulfsligrs at c...> wrote:
> Good Day to All,
> 	Thought I would chime in on this as well.  Interesting
> discussion on the Getae / Gothic ethno-mystery.  Sunny or Ravi, I'm
> not in disagreement with your search for possible truths, or at
least
> a good hypothesis on this matter, I do feel though that Dirk is
right
> when he points out the facts about literary interpretation, or
rather
> the history thereof.  So in that vein, I thought I would post the
> following observations from a booklet that I have written on the
> challenges of interpretation.
>
> Valulfr

You have no quarel from me on this.

 I am saying exactly the same thing.- the challenges of
interpretations or the saem data but with different approaches. !!!

 If you accept the same data can yield different results, with
different attitudes, you will get more than one perpective.

In the European context espeecially, the only sources are some Roman
and Greek writers> Any other data is not taken into account, as
usually people lack te necessary linguistic and cultural skills to go
further.

The noted Historians, Heather, Thompson , very balanced historians,
also acknowledge this. From the other side Pauria, Joon, Dahiya, etc
etc also complain of their lack of indepth knowledge of the older
European, or Russian, and Central Asian languages, which could help.

The Huns did come from the East, and I have not found anyone claiming
that they did not, then  why the reaction against the possibility of
an earlier wave ??

Ravi

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM