[gothic-l] Re: Kovel cursive runes? Rinnandeins runos fram Kaubaila?

hrafnsnest wulfsligrs at CENTURYTEL.NET
Thu Feb 26 15:53:20 UTC 2004

Hails,
  The "cursive runes" on the Kovel and Dahmsdorf spearhead are
Sarmatian "tamgas".  These have been refered to as "magical signs",
and in fact, were incorporated into Polish heraldry until recent
times.  This is another piece of evidence that shows a high degree of
interaction between the Goths and Sarmatians.  Unless of course a
Goth learned their system, or visa-versa.

Valulfr

P.S. How does one say "Skal" (Cheers) in Gotic?