[gothic-l] Erdology Month of Sowillo

shwelling at TSWELLING.COM shwelling at TSWELLING.COM
Wed Jan 28 06:52:10 UTC 2004

By
T Shawn Welling

This is an every fortnight column, it is updated information I write
and rewrite every 15 to 16 days depending on the month and the
Sabbats involved.   Although some of the information contained
within repeats exactly, most of the information contained with this
column changes dramatically.  I add, change, and rewrite some parts
of the introduction before I send it out each Futhark month because
as I gain a deeper understanding of the Erdology and how it works, I
need to update the column.  Every time I get feedback on the
content, I make subtle changes which improve the way the column is
written.

Allow me to tell you what Erdology means.  Erd is a German word
meaning earth. Ology is a Latin word meaning the study of.  So I put
the two together study of the earth since this concept the earth is
exactly what is being studied.

Definition of Sabbat, this is a term I found in the dictionary that
is the only word that I can find that truly gets close to that of
the original origins of the 8 equinoxes and or solstices of a year
in celebration of that time.  This is also called witches night.

Definition of fortnight: this is from the Ancient 14 day calendar of
14 consecutive nights.  Which could have easily been changed from
the origins of 15 and 16 days of this calendar.  Too much from
ancient European history has been changed, altered, subverted, and
out right spun to be something else that we have to rebuild the
history from clues left from the spin of time and conquest.

I do have this information copywritten.  If you wish to down load
this and print it out, or post it on another list that if fine as
long as you give me the credit for it.  And remember that this
research is a full time thing for me, so just keep the fact that
these 10 -15 pages over 15 to 16 days is written for you, but I
still have to pay the rent.

The information listed below is the information I have gathered
through more than 10 years of private independent study into the
runic Futhark.  Trying to figure out its secrets.  Trying to find
out what was behind the vault door of the name runa itself.  What I
found was a set of counts, set at very specific points where the
earth moves in its orbit around the sun.  These points, are as
follows; the seasons there the earth is on its rotation around the
sun, the months there are 24 based starting at Litha one of the 8
Sabbats a year putting Fehu the first symbol of the 24 with Litha
being mid summer in the middle of the month of 15 days and then
counting 23 months more, which leaves 5.4 days unaccounted for.
Take the most important Sabbats the ones that affect this world the
most and add the 5.4 days to those months of 15 days making them 16
days long.  Now there is a great deal more to this map than just the
brief description I have written in this paragraph as well as in the
extremely brief information I have written in the document that
follows this paragraph, but the point is, you get a starting place,
and for this Erdology which is instead of studying the effects of
the heavenly bodies that are outside this planets atmosphere, this
is all about studying the effects this planet has on this planet.

A note on the concept of what the Electro-Magnetic fields we live in
are about.  This planet has an Electro-Magnetic field, or else this
computer would not work, the solar radiation and winds from the sun
and solar system are deflected by this Electro-Magnetic field around
this planet.  All Electro-Magnetic fields on a vibrational level
affect all other Electro-Magnetic fields on this planet.  The
Electro-Magnetic fields I refer to are the fields of this planet,
the plants, animals, water, regions, and everything else that
carries or has an Electro-Magnetic field.  Each and every one has
effects on each and every other thing here.  This Erdology is an
exploration of what these interactions are, and what they mean.
Based on very specific criteria of birth, solar bodies alignment,
tilt of this planet on its axis, formulation of tribes and
communities just to name a few of the Electro-Magnetic cycles this
Erdology tracks.  The fields that the earth goes through I have
attempted to chart out their meanings as well as how they work
together.

The future is what ever you make it.  You choose the decisions that
make your future.  Even not deciding is still a decision.  So even
though these Electro-Magnetic field maps are generally set, you
still have to make your own decisions about what you want, need, and
desire to do with your life.  You still have to do all the hard work
of walking this life.  As you walk through the various stages of
life, various stages of development of personal talent, all the
stages of personal interactions with everyone else around you, you
still have to do all the hard work yourself.   This is a guide to
help you navigate through your life easier.

There is another set of information about choice that you need to
understand that goes with this Erdology.  Most times when you are at
a decision cross roads in your life, you have already made that
decision the cross roads are not to make the decision but to
understand the decision you have already made.  So this map is a way
to give you an additional guide book, additional information,
additional knowledge, wisdom, consciousness about the decisions you
have already made but need to be fully or partially aware of the
decisions you have already made and need to have that knowledge on
the forefront of your mind.

What the calendar is: this calendar is my attempt to understand the
creation of the Nordic Germanic runic/Elder Futhark.  See I knew
that the items involved with the runic half month calendar were just
flat out wrong, not out of being designed to be wrong, they were
translated to be wrong.  When the calendar was translated into
Julian, the Julian calendar was off by a few days, so the runic half
month calendar was off by a few days.  When it was translated into
Gregorian, our western world current calendar those off days stayed
put.
So I looked to the past to reverse engineer how the calendar could
have been made, knowing that it could date back to the end of the
last ice age.  More likely it dates back farther but that is not
something up for debate that is just speculation on my part.  I
looked at the year and divided that up into the runic 24 characters,
numbering 15 days, and 5 months of 16 days.  This is all fine and
good but the problem is none of the symbols matched what was
happening at that time of the year.  So I took it upon myself to
think, well if this is a calendar based on the Sabbats of a year,
there are 8 at the equinoxes and the equinoxes are where the
calendar was created from in the first place.  Then Litha would be
in the first month.  Knowing also a bit about the ancient northern
European religions, they do not start their festivals as the first
day; they have their festivals where the Sabbats are in the middle
of the festival.  So I took this as an engineering key, and put
Litha directly in the middle of Fehu, I did a bit of counting and
putting each of the months into place, paying attention to the
months that were already at the 16 day mark and noticed immediately
that the months that had 16 days corresponded to that major sabot.
I knew immediately that I was on to something, that the ancients did
in fact bury their secrets in plain sight, waiting for the children
of Heimdall to climb out of the tree after Ragnarok.  This is our
time to shine.

So here is how this information applies to you.  This section is
about how the Futhark calendar will help aid and assist you in your
everyday life.  Astrology is based on the movements of bodies of
influence outside this planet.  But this Erdology is not about
outside this planet this map is about tracking the Electro-Magnetic
fields of this planet and how they affect you.  This is not
divination this is Electro-Magnetic facts.
By telling you what to expect from this world around you; you can
then make decisions on and about what you want to be doing with your
life.

Archaeology, antiquity, anthropology, history.  I begin this
paragraph with the understanding that the runes if you look at them
logically with just a bit of archaeological evidence could not
possibly come from 200 c. e. .  For one there is too much evidence
to suggest they did exist before hand, for two something this
complex and machine like takes longer than the Europeans had to
invent it, for three its really hard to invent something at all when
you are under constant attack, researchers need quiet time to think
and contemplate that which they want to think about with out the
need to concentrate on if they are going to be killed soon or not.
Fourth all the books I have read, all the papers I have read say
this sentence translated into a form of Latin at a given date.
Sometimes the date is a day in a month in a year by some priest sent
to convert the heathen.  Fifth what did the inquisition and Vatican
burn if there was no language, no written information, and no
education? What was so threatening they had to burn it?   Sixth who
was killed as being a witch or heretic and why if they had no
religion, no formula of communication why did those priests and
priestesses need to be executed to keep them silent if they did not
have some form of pre-Latin language.  Seventh, why do the Edda's
state Odin hung on the tree, the runes suddenly appeared.  But Freya
knew them? Freya was a Vanier, the Vanier were there long before the
¯sir got to Europe.  And the Vanier culture looks a lot like the
archaeological evidence of the Vinca culture which was in existence
at 6000 b. c. e..   Eighth point the artifacts left by the Celts and
the Vinca artifacts are remarkably similar, and we know from
archaeology that the Celts were slowly driven from all of Europe
into the British Isles by invaders.   All these points add up to the
runes are much older then the 200 c. e.  we have been told by
catholic historians.  As well as there are direct ties to the runes
and the Celts being much closer than previously thought about.
Reference notes to Vinèa
http://www.yuheritage.com/vinca.htm
http://www.rastko.org.yu/arheologija/vinca/vinca_eng.html#_Toc5041117
09
http://www.omniglot.com/writing/vinca.htm
http://www.alphabets-world.com/vinca.html
http://www.prehistory.it/ftp/winn11.htm
http://www.celticlady.com/celt-syms/basic.html
symbols map putting the Vinèa, runes, and Ogham together in one place
Languages Chart

Season Tri masculine
As you come out of the grip of winter, instead of going into the
grip of spring, the Futhark I found had a balance problem the counts
just did not add up correctly.  So I did some math, and found that
the time before and after winter there was missing seasons.  To
check my results in math, always go back to observations of what the
planet and the things on the planet are doing for confirmation.
Indian summer and ground hogs day was all the confirmation I
needed.  That floating time that brackets winter.  Then it was even
more obvious, instead of just going straight from action of spring,
summer, autumn, a transition time of a small amount of time
bracketing winter is needed, in the Indian summer time it's a
progression into the self.  But this time is a progression out of
the self.  Out into the world again.  Out of the head and mental
exercises of the winter and the lessons of the internal and out into
applying that which was learned during the internal time.
This tri masculine is about the transition out of the winter
internal and seeing how to apply that knowledge of the self to the
world over the course of the next year.

During this time is important for you to reorganize yourself toward
the goals you have set for yourself, paying attention so you can
integrate your new self into the world in a beneficial way.

The month, breakdown of how the month works
1.	Fehu: the first day of the month this is a day to set the
priorities of what you want to be doing over the course of the next
15 to 16 days.
2.	Uruz: the focus your strengths into the priorities you have
set down
3.	Thurasaz: the create good boundaries for your pursuit of
what you want to be doing
4.	Ansuz: the establish a good base of communication and seeing
the world around you to see just how to apply that which is your
wants to apply
5.	Raido: the start the journey of what you want to be working
on.
6.	Kannaz: the learn from your past experiences as to how to
apply that which you have learned
7.	Gebo: the connect with others around you so that you can see
how to put forward that which you have been seeking a way to put
forward.
8.	Wunjo: the allow some emotion to come into today.  For
without emotion to help the guidance you will not get anywhere
9.	Haggalaz: the remember the past; remember where you come
from this day.
10.	Nauthiez: the take all that you have experiences in the last
bit of time and combine all that into a good solid idea of setting
forward with what you want to do.
11.	Isa: the make a long term plan for what you want to be at
next time this cycle comes around. Next month, next year, next when
ever.
12.	Jera: the see the timing and the cycles of life, allow
yourself to accomplish the goals you have set for yourself.  See
what from the past you have accomplished and what you want to
accomplish in the future.
13.	Eiwaz: the now that you are nearing the end of this month,
think about what you have been wanting to create for yourself.  What
can you put into place and create for the long term on the
priorities you have set this month.
14.	Pertho: the start to set the long term goals in place
15.	Alhaz: the see how you can start to set those goals in place
over the long haul period of time.
16.	Sowillo: this is the extra day of a month.  During those
months with 16 days, you need to spend this day thinking about what
happened during this time, think about what you did and be very
intent on learning from where you are now.  So you can improve your
position over the course of your path till the next 16 day month.

*** important note***
for southern hemisphere peoples line up your calendar according to
the Sabbats, apply meanings accordingly, the calendar starts at
Litha, then around to Beltain.  So that would be Litha in Dec your
longest day and Yule in June your shortest day.

Fehu	Sowillo		1	January	28		38	6
	Tri Masculine
Uruz	Sowillo		2	January	29		39	5
	Tri Masculine
Thurasaz	Sowillo		3	January	30		40
	4	Tri Masculine
Ansuz	Sowillo		4	January	31		41	3
	Tri Masculine
Raido	Sowillo		5	February	1		42
	2	Tri Masculine
Kannaz	Sowillo		6	February	2	Imbolc * 5
	1	1	Tri Masculine
Gebo	Sowillo		7	February	3		2
	48	Tri Masculine
Wunjo	Sowillo		8	February	4		3
	47	Tri Masculine
Haggalaz	Sowillo		9	February	5
	4	46	Tri Masculine
Nauthiez	Sowillo		10	February	6
	5	45	Tri Masculine
Isa	Sowillo		11	February	7		6
	44	Tri Masculine
Jera	Sowillo		12	February	8		7
	43	Tri Masculine
Eiwaz	Sowillo		13	February	9		8
	42	Tri Masculine
Pertho	Sowillo		14	February	10		9
	41	Tri Masculine
Alhaz	Sowillo		15	February	11		10
	40	Tri Masculine
Sowillo	Sowillo		16	February	12		11
	39	Tri Masculine

This is the month of Sowillo
This is a very unusual month for according to the count of the
Gregorian calendar this year is the year that things balance out and
we add a day.  Well this day that is added is added to this Sabbat.
Making this Sabbat the 5th 16 day month. And making Eostar the 6th
16 day month of this calendar.  Which is kind of an odd thing being
that this is an election year for the peoples of the USA.  The
goings on of each country does affect the goings on of all the rest
be it big or small effects.
The next thing about this month is the standard concept behind this
month; this month is the month of learned wisdom.  This is the month
where it is time to take a minute out from your life and see that
which is happening around you.  This is the time in which you have
been working so hard for this winter cycle to take a look at what
you have accomplished, what have you truly learned, and most
importantly, what priorities have changed as to the direction you
want to go with yourself.  For it is now the month before winter
cycle is up,  that you need to be thinking most clearly on the ideas
of what you have learned.   Where you have come from, from this time
last year, through the summer, and totally and complete focus and
review of the last 7 months of time, think really hard as to what
you have learned in the last 7 months of time.  Take that 7 months
and see where you can adjust to what you want to be doing in the
future.  See after all the lessons have been learned is the time to
apply all that you have learned up to that point into the world.
>From this point you need to be learning, and being as conscious and
wise about all that you have learned the better.  Understand why you
have made the decisions you have made to this point. See where the
decisions you have made will affect all that you do for a while now,
but the more you are aware of all that you have done all the
decisions you have made that have brought you to this point.  Now be
thinking about what you want to do next and how the decisions you
have already made effect how things will work out in the present
tense.

1.	Personal Months: If you were born during this time this is
what you can expect from the next 16 days in your life.
F Fehu	June 13-28 1 	Litha 1 16 Tower
This begins the first month: you are born during a time of
establishing boundaries for yourself.  Your life will be about
establishing personal boundaries and personal understanding of what
your path is, what your life is, and what is important to you.  Your
life will be about getting to know what your priorities are, what
are your ethics your responsibilities, where do your loyalties lie.
Sequence Sowillo
Personal Month: What you can expect to happen to you during this
month
What have you learned? That is the question for this entire month.
The only concern you have during this month is what have you
learned?  You are at a cross roads in your existence, and instead of
looking at your life in a what decision do I make as to where to go
and what to do.  You need to strongly realize that you have already
made the decision, the only question for you at this point is are
you aware of the decision you have already made and the balance of
the good bad and neutral of that decision.  The more you are aware
of what way you are going to go down which you have already decided
the better informed understanding of the events which will now be
unraveling around you.  But understand this most strongly, even
though you have already made the decision about which way you are
going to go, which route you will be traveling, it is a part of our
base nature to change our minds.  We will go down the other way just
because at times we want to go against the odds.    The way you want
to go is the way you will, but in that quiet place down deep, which
way do you want to go?  The more you are aware of your deep inner
the better.

i.	U  Uruz	June 29 July 13  Strength
This is a life of Strength, figuring out how best to apply that
which is your strong suit of strength.  Apply that strength badly,
you will become harder to be around for you always push your will
around, apply that correctly and you are a strong force for what
needs to happen around you.
Sequence Alhaz
Personal Month: What you can expect to happen to you during this
month
Awareness of all the knowledge you have gained is the entire point
to everything and all.  Using your strength to direct yourself into
the ideas forms and thoughts of how you think, feel, contemplate,
use your senses, and be ultimately aware of everything and all that
is happening around you.  This is the month of Alhaz for you, Alhaz
is the definition of total and complete awareness with out action of
what is happening in your surroundings.  Use this month as a tool to
learn, gather and incorporate all that you have learned about
everything there is to know and understand about yourself within the
framework of the world around you.  Use your strength of will to
seek knowledge and get a good map of everything that is happening in
the entire world around you.

ii.	T Thurasaz	July  14  28  Hierophant
Boundaries, this is a time for those born during this time to
understand the basic concept of safe boundaries; for it is the
essence of safe boundaries that is what Thurasaz is all about.  The
line between what is ok, and what is not, to whom it's ok and to
whom it is not ok.  These are the questions that will need to be
answered on a daily basis by the people born during Thurasaz.
Sequence Pertho
Personal Month: What you can expect to happen to you during this
month
Focus on concentrating what you want to be doing with your life over
the course of the next year.  Absolute total and complete focus on
the lessons, teachings, decisions, and how you want to proceed over
the course of the next month.   The more you work on deciding how to
apply all the lessons you have learned, the better everything is and
will be for you.

iii.	a	Ansuz July 29-Aug.  12  Hanged Man
Communication and connection with the unknown and the known.  This
is the time for those born during this time to truly understand and
recognize that their path is the path of connecting the unknown, the
mystical and darkness with the light of understanding.  Go forward
and communicate, make the connections that need to be made.
Sequence Eiwaz
Personal Month: What you can expect to happen to you during this
month
Creation of all that is and can be important to you over the course
of this month, but temper that creation with what you know how to do
rather than creation of yourself with proficient skills.  During
this time make sure you know how to build, create, organize, and are
fully skilled knowledgeable about what you are working on.  The more
you are aware the better absolutely everything in your life gets.
Separate out what you do not know how to do yet with a functioning
level of proficiency, and what you are highly proficient at.  With
these 2 separated out, you know what skills to use to work build and
operate with.  And you also know how to go about when its time to
relearn and open your horizons to new skills, this is the time to
set yourself into learning about those items you need to learn but
have not had the time to practice.  This is the time to use your
proficient skills.

iv.	r Raido  	Aug.13- 27 2	 Lughnasadh The Fool
Journey, to finish tasks, to walk with what you understand to be
correct; to allow yourself and others to walk that which is the
correct thing to do.  The journey is the important thing during this
time.  To put one foot in front of another is the lesson of the
month.
Sequence Jera
Personal Month: What you can expect to happen to you during this
month
Taking the time is to just sit back and see just how all the stuff
you have learned about in your life works.  This it the perfect time
for you to be setting your sights on, well there is this great big
world out there.  And it has its own times, rhythms, ideas, forms,
flow, and its own machine for how it does what it does.  Maybe this
is a great time to take the journey of learning just how to go about
learning and remembering past lessons as to how this time of year
actually works.  And what you need to learn from this time of year.

v.	c	Kannaz Aug. 28 -  Sept  11  Magician
Learning and wisdom, people born during this time are the wisdom
seekers; those that want and wish to partake in the concept of going
from ignorance into the learning process.  These people are forever
learning, in their own way.  Sometimes it's regimented and
scholastic, other times they learn best by the pure experience of
being in the middle of the situation and learn from being in the
middle.  But learning is this person's goal in life.
Sequence Isa
Personal Month: What you can expect to happen to you during this
month
Seek wisdom; this is the best time of the entire year to seek to
learn.  This is the month of learning, and you are the month of
knowledge, and this is the sequence of making plans.  So the best
and most efficient way for you to go about accomplishing this month
all that you want to accomplish is to sit and close off a bit from
the outside world and slowly and carefully learn all that you
possibly can about the subjects you are interested in.  This is the
time to learn, inwardly learn and grow with that which is yours to
learn.

vi.	g	Gebo Sept 12-27  Lovers
Partnerships and connections, connect between opposing positions,
opposing poles, or simply differences of opinion, this person is a
go between, a negotiator;  someone who spends their life making
partnerships, agreements, connections with all around them. Let's
see what we can all do here.
Sequence Nauthiez
Personal Month: What you can expect to happen to you during this
month
What is happening around you in the right here and right now? Well
if you can not answer that question then it's time to take a seat
and see just how much you are getting back in touch and working at
the business at hand.  Recontact friends you have been separated
from for a while.  Call relatives just to say hi.  Clean off your
desk just to see the surface again.  If you had not noticed you have
spent so much time working on yourself lately that you have not had
a lot of time for anyone else.  This is now the time to be working
on and thinking about others in your life and how you fit into their
lives and how they fit into yours.

vii.	W	Wunjo Sep 28 Oct 12 3	Mabon  2  16  High Priestess
Emotional: This person is the most emotional person around.  So
knowing you are emotional be with your emotions, be solid and strong
with being emotional.  People born during this time it is vitally
important for you to constantly and continuously be with your
emotional state of being.  So do not try to not be emotional be
emotional, just do not let others around you control your emotions.
Sequence Haggalaz
Personal Month: What you can expect to happen to you during this
month
Wow what can be said, try and not get overwhelmed with all that is
happening around you this month.  You will be inundated with
thoughts from the past, what you know how to do, and what you do not
have any idea about.  This month is designed to be a review of all
that is you.  So just let the tools of this month wash over you with
all the knowledge, understanding, memories, and experiences that are
a part of you.   There are some key choices coming your way this
month but do not worry, for most of them you have already made the
choice; the question is what was the choice you made.  Try and
understand it.

viii.	H	Haggalaz Oct 13 – 27  The world
The past, this person has a keen understanding of not only the past
but finishing up projects that are put in front of them.  This is
the beginning of the feminine 5th season.  This is the time of year
for going within to contemplate that which has been done over not
only the last year but also to contemplate that which has occurred
over your lifetime.
Sequence Wunjo
Personal Month: What you can expect to happen to you during this
month
You will be experiencing the total and exhilarating experience of
your emotions coupled with the even more exhilarating concept of all
the that you have learned over the course of the past year coming up
and reminding you that you have a lot of skills, lessons,
understandings, and proficiencies.  The question is what are you
going to do with what you know how to do with all that you are, and
all that you know now?  The more you know, and the more emotion you
put into your life, the easier it will be for you to be making
decisions that will help your life.  The ideas of this month are to
blend your emotions, what you mentally know, and who you are
together so you can then move forward over the course of this year
with great strides while you work on that which is most important,
you.

ix.	n	Nauthiez Oct.28-Nov 12 4	Samhain 3 16  The
Devil
The present, this is an interesting time for those born during these
times.  This is the time of Samhain.  The sabot of Samhain is the
time of femininity or focus on the feminine of the self so that you
can go into a creative cycle during the coming winter.  This is the
half of the 5th season.  This person is keenly interested in what is
happening now.   What is the present situation, what happened in the
past and what can be happening in the future. These are all highly
interesting and needed items for people born during the month of
Nauthiez to work with during their lives.  All that is the now all
that can be the now; keen interest is the present.
Sequence Gebo
Personal Month: What you can expect to happen to you during this
month
The wisdom of those that you know.  Some times in life there is a
need to spend massive amounts of time with friends and family.  For
you this month is that time.  For you to truly get anything done
this next year you will need to spend almost the entire month
making, reforming, and reconnecting with everything in your life.
Starting with friends and family.  Moving on to all the other
aspects of who you are and what you want to do.  This is the month
to lay the groundwork for all the partnerships and connections that
you will be relying on over the course of the next year.   This is
the month to do that in.  So go and have yourself a good time, let
your hair down and feel the comfort of friends, family, and what you
are truly good at doing.

x.	i	Isa Nov. 13 – 27  The Hermit
Future: People born during this time are future people, people who
have a profound understanding of building ideas, concepts, models,
and ideas for what to do with the future.  Seekers for tomorrow.
Sequence kannaz
Personal Month: What you can expect to happen to you during this
month
You are in the unique opportunity in your life at this specific
stage. For the stage of your life is set to start a new path.  If
you have wanted to make a career move this is the month to start
that process.  If you have wanted to learn a new skill, or to strive
for a promotion, or just about anything else that would be a huge
course correction taking you in a totally new and profoundly
interesting different direction, this is the month to set the new
course.  All the tools, opportunities, and everything else is all
set for you to accomplish this goal.

xi.	J Jera Nov.  28 - Dec. 12  Death
Timing and cycles, people born during this time are keenly
interested and devoted to the cycles of things and the cycles of
life.  What happened yesterday and what will be happening tomorrow
and how the two tie in together.
Sequence Raido
Personal Month: What you can expect to happen to you during this
month
Seek you shall find the way this month.  For your path and journey
of what you have been looking for will come to pass this month.  But
the point to any path anyone takes is not the destination but what
you have learned along the way.   At journeys end, that is the
perfect time to review the whole of all the events which brought you
to this specific juncture in your life.  Instead of savoring the
moment, take the time to review what brought you here.  And as you
take that review time the amount of pure knowledge you will gain
about yourself is just truly frightening.  There will be aspects of
yourself that will come to light that you would have never dreamed
in a million years that you actually thought that way.  But in
truth, not only do you think that way; you also make a lot of
decisions based on that base of knowledge.  The best and most
efficient way for you to do and or accomplish anything you truly
want to do in this world. This is the best place for you to learn
about the choices you make right here and right now this month with
the successes you have.

xii.	I	Eiwaz Dec, 13 – 28 5	Yule 16  Temperance
Creation, this is an interesting time since this is the time of
Yule, and the happenings which take place in and around Yule are
there very much for the person to work with and around.  Just as in
the day midnight, this is mid year.  This the half way point for the
year, what people born during this time are concerned with the inner
times, they are inward turned people who spend a part of their lives
in the search for inward understanding, and inward balance.
Sequence Ansuz
Personal Month: What you can expect to happen to you during this
month
Open your eyes, and see what is truly happening around you.  Open
your mouth and talk about who you are.  Listen to the way the world
is.  Allow your skin to absorb the information it can preserve from
the surfaces it is in contact with the ground air and the like.  Go
deep with in yourself to listen to that solo inner voice of your
psychic ability to see what it tells you about what is happening in
the outside world.   The knowledge you will gain using just your
senses will be the key factors that plot the course of your life
over the course of the next year and the next several years.  So use
all 6 senses to the best of your ability to absorb information.
Then you can start to see just what is happening around you, and
make decisions based on a good solid map of your surroundings.

xiii.	P	Pertho Dec. 29- Jan 12  emperor
Application of skills learned, people born during this time are
people that are keenly interested in applying that which they know
to the world.  To identify what they like, to learn as much as they
can about what they like, and then apply what they know to the world
about the skills they have learned.
Sequence Thurasaz
Personal Month: What you can expect to happen to you during this
month
Is there anything you have always wanted to learn but never thought
you would have the time?  Well this is your lucky month.  What you
need to be doing is to sit down in your protective boundaries this
month and apply all that is you to your skill at learning.  You are
the kind of person that can memorize 3 semesters of geometry in 3
days, so take that skill and apply it to this month.  Take that
which you have always wanted to learn, improve on, build, or set
up.  Well there is no time like the present.

xiv.	Z	Alhaz Jan. 13 – 28  The Moon
Awareness of the world around them in spades, people born during
this time have a built in sense of the world around them.  Not
anything else just a sense of the world which is around them.  Not
how to apply that knowledge, or how that knowledge affects the self,
or even, if this is a good thing or bad, those lessons why are
learned along the path of life.  No they have the keen understanding
of the purity of awareness of their surroundings.
Sequence Uruz
Personal Month: What you can expect to happen to you during this
month
This is an unusual time for you.  Instead of just looking, and
exploring your surroundings, just go for all that you have always
wanted to do.  The benefit to you is that you learn as you go.  So
the intense learning that you desperately need to do this month will
happen along the journey.  So go forward and get all that you have
wanted to do during your time of reprioritization and let nothing
this month get in the way.

xv.	S	Sowillo Jan. 29 - Feb  12 6	Imbulc  The Sun
Knowledge, this is another interesting time, this is the other end
of the 5th season.  A time of masculine application of what one has
learned.  Adding days is put here.    People born during this time
are profound knowledge seekers, people that just about no matter
what will seek out new things, new knowledge, new wisdom, new
things, to learn that which is unknown in just about any way
possible.
Sequence Fehu
Personal Month: What you can expect to happen to you during this
month
You can choose, its time to choose. Even though you have already
made the decision you will most likely take at this juncture you can
still choose which path you want to take.  The more aware of the
decisions you make the better.  This is the end of your internal 8
months of hard work.  This is the time to focus your efforts and
energy into ideas, what have you learned, what you have
accomplished, where are you going to apply that which you have
learned over the course of your life to the next year.  These are
the paramount ideas that you need to be thinking about.

xvi.	t	Tiwaz Feb  13 – 26  Direction
Direction, People born during this time are keenly interested in the
application of taking what they know and applying that which is them
to the world; to their surroundings, to the world around them and to
all that is.
Sequence Daggaz
Personal Month: What you can expect to happen to you during this
month
You are coming to the end of your year, this is a time of extremely
deep inner contemplation, and learning about who you are, what you
would like to do, and more importantly, choosing the direction next
month you want to be going in.  Think, be aware, be conscious, and
be understanding.  At the same time you are working on being with
yourself your inner thoughts while you are doing a huge review of
the events which have taken place over the last year.  Being fully
and completely aware of everything happening in your life right now,
from the past present and the future is the lessons you are
undergoing at the present time.

xvii.	B	Bircano Feb 27-Mar 13 7	Eostar 5 16  Empress
Growth, this is an interesting time for this is the last of the
Litha year 16 day months.  This Eostar is all about growth and
building for the future.  Taking that which has been thought up and
created during the winter cycle and applying it.  People born during
this time need to be aware that they are being born at a time of
incredible growth and advancement,  a time of it's still cold but
winter is over this is now spring;  a time of new growth and new
experiences.  So people born during this time are geared toward
growth and building new and interesting things.  What ever
interesting new things they can dream up this is what this month is
all about, new thoughts, dreams, emotions, ideas, just new stuff,
and applying those new things to the world.
Sequence Othello
Personal Month: What you can expect to happen to you during this
month
To be home and stable, this is the perfect month to work on your
home life, stability and to be secure with where you are.  With your
stability in place pulled up on your nice comfortable chair, in your
nice comfortable house, you need to be thinking about what has
brought you to this juncture in your life.

xviii.	E Ewaz March 14 – 29  Chariot
Movement: People born during these times are people of a rather
profound sense of movement and time.  They are never quite happy
just sitting back and relaxing with themselves they are always much
more interested in the movement of what can happen.  The movement of
where they can fit in and how to fit in to the world.  Moving things
is the point to people born during these times, the priorities of
movement.  Be it an action job or watching things move.
Sequence Ingwaz
Personal Month: What you can expect to happen to you during this
month
In this time of translation for you dear Ewaz, the decisions you
need to be concentrating on is the small items of your life.  Take
as much time, effort, and energy this month working directly on your
tasks and needs in the small, miniscule, precise items which on
their own individually are not all that bad but can and do like to
gang up on you to force you to deal with the small picture of life.
So take this time of heightened mental acuity and concentrate on the
facts of the small items of your life.

xix.	M	Mannaz March 30  - April 13  Star
Know thyself: that is the key to this life.  To have the definition
of a profound understanding of not only who you are but where you
want to go.  People born during this time are people who have a
profound sense of self, based on the culture into which they were
born.  Their task through life is to know thyself, which is quite a
hard task if you think about it.
Sequence Laguz
Personal Month: What you can expect to happen to you during this
month
Universal understanding that is the hallmark of this month for you.
A time of deep and profound mental acuity directed toward the ideas,
thoughts, concepts of not only the decisions you have been making at
this time but also the big picture.  Just how do you fit into the
big picture of life that is the question you need to be working on
understanding this month, what is the big picture of your existence
this month.  What decisions have you made that have brought you to
this juncture, what decisions do you have to decide upon that you
have not made yet, and most importantly what decisions have you
already made that you need to be aware that you have already made
the choice you now need to understand why you made the choices that
you did.

xx.	L	Laguz April 14 – 28
Flow, people born during these times need to have a profound
understanding of how things in the universe flow; to be able to
grasp their place in the universe and be settled and secure within
their frame of reference.  What and how things flow in the universe
and how each person in that universe flows is the point to this
persons lessons.  The more they know about themselves the more they
can then accomplish in this world.  One can not have enough
knowledge or data about how they fit into the flow of everything.
Sequence Mannaz
Personal Month: What you can expect to happen to you during this
month
This month what is happening in your life that is drawing the most
attention.   There is so much that is important for you to not only
be working on but also to be conscious and aware of your own self,
and what you want, need, and desire to be doing this month.  The
more you work on that which is the most important the more you will
be able to then concentrate and learn about just who you are, where
you want to be going, what you want to be doing, where you have
always been attempting to go to and accomplish.  Being as aware and
understanding of who you are right now is the lesson of this month,
be prepared for a totally and complete understanding of who you are
over the course of this month.

xxi.	N Ingwaz April 29-May 13 8	Beltain  Judgment
Intricate detail, this is Beltain, growth and fertility, people born
during this month are drawn to the smallest details of life. They
are drawn to concentrate on the minutest of details, both in the
world and in their surroundings.  For fertility is truly found in
the smallest of details in this world, and by tracking the smallest
of details and keeping track of all the little things in this world
is when this person is ok with life.  When everything on the
smallest level adds up to that which is acceptable.
Sequence Ewaz
Personal Month: What you can expect to happen to you during this
month
As you are aware by now, the small picture of life is your cup of
tea, but how you apply that knowledge to your life this month is the
most important.  For this is a time of rather intense and
complicated growth on your part.  To accomplish this goal the most
important thing to concentrate on is the ability and the willingness
to work on your decisions in the big picture concepts.   What are
the decisions you have made and most importantly what are the
decisions you can choose to do the opposite of the decision you have
already made.  The choice of what you do is always and forever up to
you, up till the action happens you still have a choice.  So it is
now up to you to choose what you become aware of, how you will
become aware of, and of that awareness you can choose to be more
than aware of all that is for you to choose about all the parts of
your life.

xxii.	O Othallo May 14 - 28
Stability home and heart, people born during this month are drawn to
the existence and understanding of a solid and balanced home.
Stability is the key to this persons entire existence, if they are
out of balance nothing works but if they are in balance then there
is no catastrophe big enough to throw this person off their centered
with in themselves.
Sequence Bircano
Personal Month: What you can expect to happen to you during this
month
As you are being affected by all the decisions that have brought you
to this point; what the month is about for you is to become stable
and solid within yourself as to the decisions you have already
made.  This is the month of intense growth for you; this is where
you will be making decisions that will over the course of the next
year be effecting you highly.  But the most important thing about
this time is, for you to figure out, what decisions you have already
made and what decisions you have yet to make. Figure out who and
what those individual decisions are.

xxiii.	d	Daggaz May 29 - June 12  Wheel of Fortune
Cycles end, people born during this time are absolutely keenly aware
of the duality of life, the end and beginnings of all.  They are
absorbed into the realization that for a beginning you have to have
an end.  For there to be balance there needs to be a twin, the end
of the old and the beginning of the new.  People born during these
times are often conflicted between the balances of the cycle of
life.  They have a foot in the old and a foot in the new and it is
often times harder to balance between the old and new than most
people can comprehend.
Sequence Tiwaz
Personal Month: What you can expect to happen to you during this
month
You can choose this is the time to choose the direction you have
always been wanting to go.  This is the time for you to not only
review the decisions that got you to this point but also to make any
and all course corrections that will set you on the course you will
be traveling over the next year.  For this is the time to be as
conscious and aware of all the lessons you have been working on all
this time in your life.  And understand the decisions that you have
already made.  Be aware of the consequences to those decisions.

For those that read this, this is a column; I send the same report
out to hundreds of email groups.  So it's virtually impossible for
me to track all the on line correspondents of more questions.  So
please if you have questions email me or find me on the web.

For more information contact me T Shawn Welling
shwelling at tswelling.com