[gothic-l] Re: Salzburg Annales / Codex Albiensis

Francisc Czobor fericzobor at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jun 24 11:19:06 UTC 2004

Hi, Dirk,

it's possible that the phonetical records might refer to those who,
according to W. Strabo, still used Gothic in some churches on the
lower Danube in the 9th century.

Francisc

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "faltin2001" <dirk at s...> wrote:
> I was wondering, why would somebody in Bavaria in around 800AD
bother
> to record phoenetical notes for the pronounciation of Gothic? Where
> they in contact with Gothic speakers further down the Danube? Or
had
> the Gothic mission, which seems to have resulted in some Gothic
words
> in Bavarian, had an impact that lasted to the 9th century? The
Gothic

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/wWMplB/TM