[gothic-l] Re: A Million Questions: 6. (Syntax)

Tore Gannholm tore at GANNHOLM.ORG
Fri Oct 8 21:55:13 UTC 2004

On Oct 8, 2004, at 10:39 PM, Troels Brandt wrote:

>  Hi Tore
>
>  In Sweden you have an "Act on Copyright in Literary and Artistic
>  Works" (Law No. 729, of December 30, 1960, as last amended by Law No.
>  1274, of December 7, 1995 - I do not know if there are later changes)
>  which appear very similar in structure to the rules I know. It also
>  contents rules of transfer of copyright.
>
>  In general the length of the copyright is connected to the death of
>  the author, but the right can belong to someone else in that period -
>  the one mentioned after the copyright sign in the book. After that it
>  is public domain, but if it is published again with changes and new
>  comments etc., this book may have its own copyright, but the old text
>  remains public domain.
>
>  All the works I have used at Fordham have been public domain - as
>  example all the Nordic works. In some cases they take the chance and
>  at one of the first pages they ask such copyright owners to protest
>  immidiately if they feel they are offended. I have noticed that some
>  works have disappeared and some works are moved to a closed network.
>  The university does not take the responsibility, but the teatcher
>  running this project is using the educational purpose of the
>  institution to defend his position if something goes wrong.
>
>  If I should make comments to the rest I should repeat myself.
>
>  Troels

Troels,
You are completely correct. This law is to protect the author that
nobody makes money on his/her work without him being compensated.

I have also discovered that in reprinted books there says copyright but
no copyright owner is registered.

Tore

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/wWMplB/TM