Visigothic identity of Spain

Ingemar Nordgren ingemar at NORDGREN.SE
Sun Oct 22 13:12:56 UTC 2006

Hails Wolfgang!

Doch, du bist recht! Wulfilas creed was of course the one being taught
to the Goths but, also so, the idea of only one real god with an
sacrified and resurrected son, who is not an original god but a
created entity, lies closer to Islam and would make it more natural to
convert when social factors as well rule in.

Grüß
Ingemar

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, Wolfgang Franz <wolfgang.franz at ...>
wrote:

> Hails Ingemar.
>
> It is true that Wulfila's creed was not the original pure arian
creed. But it
> was the one given to the goths. Fot the question we discuss, the
relationship
> of gothic arianism to Islam, Wulfila's creed is more important than
that of
> Lucian the Martyr or Arius.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional