Contemporary language.

Justïn justinelf at JUNO.COM
Tue Apr 10 19:51:23 UTC 2007

I completely agree that we need to standardise a was in which to
reconstruct the words.  One question I have is the source of
Protogermanic, are we all using the same source for Protogermanic and
are the linguistic/academic authorities in accord as far as
reconstructed PG vocab is concerned?  It's a minor issue but one I
want to be clear on in any event.

I would love for this group to at least begin standardising
reconstructed vocab and inferred grammar, etc. if only more were
interested in being involved.  It would be amazing to see a published,
definitive work come out of our conversations to help make revived
Gothic a possibility, but it's a heavy burden with precious little
accountability for two or three scholarly would-bes to bear.

Here's for hoping!  How far are you on revising your list, Fredrik?