Contemporary language.

llama_nom 600cell at OE.ECLIPSE.CO.UK
Wed Apr 11 14:09:41 UTC 2007

> are the linguistic/academic authorities in accord as far as
reconstructed PG vocab is concerned? It's a minor issue but one I
want to be clear on in any event.

Well, for a lot of words they are in accord, but there are also many
debated etymologies/reconstructions, unknowns, and multiple equally
convincing possibilities.  In some cases this is due to lack of clear
evidence from which to decide which variant is older; in others it may
be because PG is an idealized abstraction, and the competing variants
go right back to PG or further.

LN