Contemporary language. [Database]

thiudans thiudans at YAHOO.COM
Mon Apr 16 18:14:47 UTC 2007

I've updated editing to group members. Be nice. But I think a document
will be better for finality.
I would exhort some member (Llama Nom?) to take charge in unifying the
format and making a list in .doc or txt form, maybe a PDF too, and
keeping it updated on the files page in yahoogroups. Update after a
good number of additions / corrections are recorded, at least at the
beginning of every month or two.

As long as one clear system (e.g. by one editor) is used we should all
be able to get out of it what we wish. I see no reason for deviating
from accepted transliteration practice except perhaps if to clarify
the nature of a "ggw". I think reference should also be made in this
list or database to the extant Gothic lexicon, where existing words
may overlap in meanings, or perhaps even where synonyms or antonyms
exist. As you create words, it may be helpful to cite (by "cf.") other
Germanic instances such as in ON or OHG. Referring to "cognates" in NG
and WG both would be especially significant.

-Th.