New file uploaded to gothic-l

ualarauans ualarauans at YAHOO.COM
Sat Apr 21 01:48:18 UTC 2007

Managos sind in þamma wiþraqisseis jah swikunþos missawaurhteis. Niu
þos garaihtjan skuleima?

There's a lot of contradictions and obvious mistakes in there (e.g.
Walhos and Walahs, aueikaulaugisks instead of wkaulaug-, cf.
fwnikiska for FOINIKISSA etc etc). Would we not correct them?

Ualarauans

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "thiudans" <thiudans at ...> wrote:

> Hails!
>

> Jai! ik rahtoda du natjagaleistjam ei, jabai wildedeina swesaize
> niujawaurde leistos aftra galisan jah in melja lagjan, swa inlagjau
> þos allons in ainai leistai. Ak ni was mis laggo laggamoþ.  :)
> þannu ussokida ik alþjaboke huzd ei saihvau hvah meli in
> þammei was aggilisk waurd "neologisms" -- þizei wesun .s.l.g.!
> -- jah leista so þairh mik ushlaþano ist akran iusilam
> minnistaim bi andrunjom.
>

> Yes! I offered to list-members, if they wished to collect their own
> neologism-lists once again and post them, I would put them all
into one
> list. But I grew impatient. :) So, I searched the archives for
every
> post containing the word "neologisms" -- there were 233 of them! --
 and
> the list I uploaded is the result, with very minor changes
according to
> the discussions.
>
> -Th.
>
> --- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "Francisc Czobor" <fericzobor@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > I'm glad to see that some of my old proposals for Gothic
neologisms
> > (I made them somewhere in 1999, I guess) are still taken into
> > consideration (I believed that nobody cares about them anymore).
> >
> > Francisc
> > (a formerly very active member of this Group)
> >

> > --- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, gothic-l at yahoogroups.com wrote:
> > >

> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > This email message is a notification to let you know that
> > > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the gothic-l
> > > group.
> > >
> > >   File        : /niujawaurda2007.pdf
> > >   Uploaded by : thiudans thiudans@
> > >   Description : UPDATE 20 APR 2007 - 642 RECORDS
> > >
> > > You can access this file at the URL:
l/files/niujawaurda2007.pdf