James 3:6

llama_nom 600cell at OE.ECLIPSE.CO.UK
Wed Feb 14 19:36:40 UTC 2007

Hails, Walhahrabn!

Looks convincing.  Just one thing comes to mind: I would suggest
'fram' rather than 'af' to translate hUPO here.  This seems to be the
normal preposition used where Gothic needs to express the agent in a
passive construction (unlike Old Norse, where it would be 'af').  I
can't think of any examples where 'af' is used in this way in the
Gothic corpus.

http://www.wulfila.be/lib/streitberg/1910/HTML/B037.html
http://www.wulfila.be/lib/streitberg/1910/HTML/B001.html

LN