Toledo

macmaster at RISEUP.NET macmaster at RISEUP.NET
Tue Jul 3 02:13:57 UTC 2007

How long did it take Norse to die out among the Normans?
Certainly less than a century (from 911 settlement to no later than the
first quarter of the eleventh).  However, the Normans continued to have a
consciousness as a people of Scandinavian descent for at least two
centuries after that.
I'd suspect a similar process amongst the Gothic rulers of Spain & Italy.

TM