Acts 26:9

ualarauans ualarauans at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jul 19 07:37:05 UTC 2007

Acts 26:9

King James': "I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many
things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth"

Greek (LXX): EGW MEN OUN EDOXA EMAUTWi PROS TO ONOMA IHSOU TOU
NAZWRAIOU DEIN POLLA ENANTIA PRAXAI

Latin (Jerome): et ego quidem existimaueram me aduersus nomen Iesu
Nazareni debere multa contraria agere

Gothic (myself): þanuh þan ik þuhta mis silbin wiþra namo Iesuis þis
Nazoraiaus skulan managa andaneiþona gataujan.

I couldn't find anywhere infinitive skulan being used like this, so
other variants are:

– ei skuldedjau managa andaneiþona gataujan
- ei skulda weseina managa andaneiþona gataujan

Your votes and suggestions?

Ualarauans