can someone correct my grammar

llama_nom 600cell at OE.ECLIPSE.CO.UK
Sun Jun 10 00:49:16 UTC 2007

Interesting, I hadn't noticed that.

gibandins fraweit = DIDONTWS EKDIKHSIN = dantis vindictam
fraweit usgiband = DIKHN TISOUSIN = poenas dabunt

Can we generalise to swearing an oath (giving one's word) and repaying
that promise, enduring the consequences?  Possibly...  Another of the
great maybes of Gothic grammar!  On the other hand, 'fragildan' and
'usgildan' are both used (interchangeably?) with the sense of
inflicting vengeance, and no attestation of the simplex *gildan: mis
fraweit leitaidau, ik fragilda, qiþiþ frauja. (R 12:19 = ANTAPODWSW);
saihviþ ibai hvas ubil und ubilamma hvamma usgildai (I Thess 5:15 =
APODWi).

LN