Arain Christian influence on Islam

Le Bateman LeBateman at ATT.NET
Sat Mar 31 08:02:56 UTC 2007

   They even looked on Origen as a Heretic did they not. Was he a disciple
of Arius?
Le

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Erwin" <merwin at btinternet.com>
To: <gothic-l at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2007 2:28 AM
Subject: Re: [gothic-l] Re: Arain Christian influence on Islam

Except that it wasn't the teaching of Arius (or of Wulfila, judging
by his translation and Auxentius' writing). And that Irenaeus,
Origen, Tertullian, etc. wrote before Arius. If they and their
tradition had excluded Arianism, it  would not have ever emerged.

On Mar 31, 2007, at 1:00 AM, Le Bateman wrote:

> I am just thinking about the similarity in the belief Jesus was
> born of a
> virgin, but not divine. This was the teaching of Arius. All of the
> Church
> fathers including Ireneus, who was the disciple of Polycarp, who is
> said to
> be John The Beloved Disciple. All of them taught that Arianism was a
> heretical sect. Muhammad lived in the 6th Century, and died at the
> time
> that Redwald King of East Anglia died in 632 A.D. So he would have
> encountered the Monks who live in the Sinai.
> They have a monastery on Mount Sinia. Or somewhere on the Sinai or
> Arabian
> Peninsula. I am thinking of the Greek Orthodox monks. I also
> believe the
> Coptic Christians of Egypt were around as well. So they were
> around. It is
> possible he did come incontact with him. The Quran does call these
> and the
> Jews Unbelievers. So he was aware of them. I will have to reread
> the Quran.
> Le

You are a member of the Gothic-L list.  To unsubscribe, send a blank email
to <gothic-l-unsubscribe at egroups.com>.