Ostrogothic settlement

Ian Ragsdale delvebelow at GMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 1 14:06:36 UTC 2008

I can only imagine how the Ostrogothic warriors felt - without a
homeland, defeated, hated and feared across southern Europe - I can't
envision any particular place they would want to go.  However, I would
guess that they would be more inclined to venture north than back
east, which would make sense if some were absorbed into the Franks.
I'm not sure - would their shattered honor play a role in where they
chose to settle?

IMR