Hallo hallo!

Ingemar Nordgren ingemar at NORDGREN.SE
Thu Dec 25 18:41:56 UTC 2008

Hi Johann!

It is as far I can see not a question of definite article but just a
clarification of what yoy mean with the shepher, which shepherd.

Hardeis is like Sw. herden already in definite form (herde,-n) since
it comes in the end, not in front. The good, den gode tells just
which shepherd, herde. In Sw. accordingly 'herden-den gode'or 'den
gode herden', but indefinite it is 'en god herde', 'a good shepherd'.
This is a great similarity between Gothic and Scandinavian languages.

>From a non linguist
Ingemar

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "Johann von Messer"