Hundreds of visigothic slate stones (whiteboards) in Western Castilla (Spain).

ertydfh110 ertydfh110 at YAHOO.COM
Sat Oct 15 15:29:37 UTC 2011

Hi again o_cossue, I´ve been reading everything in the link you gave to me. It is really interesting.

It´s a pity that in Spain we don´t study at schools about other different legacies than the hispano-roman or muslim. We also have had many other cultural contributions from other cultures. For example nobody knows much about the visigoths and they ruled Spain for more than 2 centuries. It is just a pity, it´s also our culture, our past.  Do you know if there is any new research about visigothic Spain at this moment?. I mean, researchers reading new manuscripts and trying to find new ideas about Visigothic Spain?.

Are you just an amateur in History (like me) or you are a researching as a proffesional?. What got you to learn about the goths?.

I´ve read somewhere the list of the bishops who went to the different christian Conciliums in that era. The majority of them had gothic names.

BTW I think it is not just fantasizing about the possibility that the people close to old visigothic villages to have some ancestors from there. After all, these people would probably have end up living in the closest rural communities when there was no threat that compelled them to live in fortified castros.

Greetings.