Some words

Ingemar Nordgren ingemar at NORDGREN.SE
Mon Feb 27 00:55:03 UTC 2012

Hi,

I dare say nothing more serious but I can conclude that in Swedish  spring is 'vår' pronounced like the Icelandic 'vor'. Autumn is 'höst' having the same sense as harwest/Herbst - to gather together the harwest was called to 'hösta' in older times. I am as well sceptical to 'asans' and think it should be something like 'sommar´as in other Gmc. languages.

Best
Ingemar

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, Grsartor at ... wrote:

> Hailai,

 "Asans" is attested for summer, but it translates Greek