Some words

marja erwin marja-e at RISEUP.NET
Mon Feb 27 20:35:13 UTC 2012

Good point.

I'm not sure about the agricultural calendar on the lower Danube, but
Ukrainian month-names hint at the agricultural calendar on the Dnipr:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_months

and it looks like the main harvest was/is in August:

> 8 	August 	Серпень 	Serpen' 	month of the sickle

Of course, the name had changed, but the harvest and it's timing cannot
have changed between Gothic and early Slavic times.