Inquiry: Research topics & tools, retention & attrition of heritage languages

Scott McGinnis smcginnis at nflc.org
Thu Apr 25 13:45:25 UTC 2002

inquiry originator, Nausheen Zaidi, at NausheenZaidi at yahoo.com

I'm currently in the PhD program in Lifespan Development at Arizona
State University. I'm interested in doing my thesis on heritage language
retention.  Would you be able to give me some advice as to what would be
a good area to research in this field and if there are any tools
available to conduct research regarding the assessments and/or
individual character traits that influence retention/attrition of the
heritage language?  Thank you in advance for your help and I hope to
hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Nausheen Pasha-Zaidi