Response to Commentary: Bush's translator in Romania

McGinnis, Scott smcginnis at nflc.org
Wed Dec 4 16:15:35 UTC 2002

From: Aldrich, Ray L Mr DCS, G-2 [mailto:Ray.Aldrich at hqda.army.mil]
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 11:14 AM

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
        The good James E. Bernhardt is correct, I was making an
assumption.  I'm ashamed.  Let us get out of the assumption business and
discover the facts.
        Mr. Bernhard, as an interested person with a "state.gov" e-mail
address and a history of being able to contact the folks at Language
Services, I would ask that you report the facts of this case.
        I don't think the name of the "translator" involved is
appropriate, but it would be useful for all of us involved with Heritage
Languages to understand the facts of this situation.  Please investigate
this situation on behalf of all of us and let us discuss the "facts".

        Thanks for your help and involvement.  Lane
Ray Lane Aldrich
Language is Power
Army Foreign Language Proponency Office
phone:  (703) 695-1379, DSN 225-1379